Secretary report July-August 2017
With considerable difficulty, I believe that I have booked the Grey Room for our meetings. Bookings are managed by Margaret Graham (of Scoosh, email email@example.com). However, the start time is changed without consultation to 6.45. She is supposed to let me know about the months after September.
Invitations to events
1. August 14: Notice of an EACC meeting on Thursday 14th September 2017 at 7 pm in the European Room, City Chambers (no agenda available).
2. 1 September: agenda for Civic Forum meeting at 6pm on Tuesday 5th September, City Chambers, High Street (next meeting will be Tuesday 5 December at 4pm)
3. June 21, 2017: Community-led organisations from across Scotland are invited to apply to the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund (CCF) for funding to support local projects that tackle climate change (forwarded to SCC members).
4. June 21, 2017: Templates for Community Council Meetings.
5. June 22: Copy of email and photos sent to Derek Roden about ongoing major clutter on the pavement of Newington Road, and email to Steve Gent about flyposting — these problems are not being dealt with by the council.
6. June 28: Responses to the cycle route proposal from Hilary McDowell (request for improvement of Dalkeith Road and Salisbury Road junction), and James Gilmour, and comments from Living Streets Edinburgh.
7. June 29: Leaflet about a project supporting unpaid carers (Ca(I)re programme at the Eric Liddell Centre).
8. June 29: June Newsletter from Tommy Sheppard MP
9. 30 June: List of Holyrood Park events - July to September 2017
10. 6 September: email from firstname.lastname@example.org, asking whether the SCC could promote the hotline number of SP Energy Networks (ScottishPower Energy Networks), who (apparently) maintain and manage the electricity network in your area, so that local people know to report power cuts when they happen. Her phone numbers are 0131 561 8686 (mobile: 07427 194420).
From East Parkside Proprietors' Association
1. June 21, 2017: Innocent Railway Tunnel - WEST end gates finally locked, after correspondence.
2. Photographs of "fly posting" that has appeared on one of the (expensive!) Caithness slabs in front of the Royal Commonwealth Pool, and request for their removal.
Sept. 1: Objection to the Mockingbird licensing application